Chestertown, Maryland

Before I post about what we did today, I must relate what happened to us yesterday evening. Our hotel was just a short walk from Judy and Tom's house, so we decided to walk to them for the evening meal Judy was preparing for us. Having walked it in the daylight, I thought I could remember the way back. Well, so much for my sense of direction, because we quickly became lost in the dark in the back streets of Chestertown. In the end, we had to call Judy, and she and Tom came out to find us in two separate cars!! I'll never live this down; me, the great traveller!!

Just one other thing. As a memento of his travels to Afghanistan, Tom gave us a 20 and a 50 Afghani note.


Returning to today, we had a great breakfast in the hotel and then moved rooms from the 'black hole' we stayed in last night to a much better room on the top floor.

At around noon, Judy and Tom picked us up from the hotel and we drove to a restaurant called The Narrows on Chesapeake Bay. Contrary to the dire weather forecast, it turned out to be a very pleasant bright day. We enjoyed a good brunch overlooking the water.


Tom and me by Judy's car.


You can just make out Judy at the wheel.


We then drove back to Chestertown and Judy took us on a short drive in the countryside. When we got back to our hotel, there was some event taking place at the theatre next door.


Later we drove round to Judy and Tom's house and this time I found my way there! At the end of the evening, it was sad to say goodbye to them both. Hopefully they will come over to London next year. We can't leave it another five years till we meet again.

We have now decided our route for the next few days and tomorrow we head north-west into Pennsylvania and the historic town of Gettysburg. We will then drive south into West Virginia and Virginia, where we have booked a hotel in the town of Front Royal.

We are now into the last week of the drive and, in seven days time, we will be delivering the cars to the shipper in Savannah.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the story of you getting lost! I feel like I can hear the dialog between you and Wendy as you decided to call for help! I'm having a good laugh about this!

    I'm glad the weather has cleared up for you. Enjoy Gettysburg. It's a wonderful place!

    ReplyDelete